You probably don’t give much thought to the parts of a refrigerator before it shuts down, or it comes time to buy a new model. In order to get the most out of this kitchen appliance it can be extremely nice to understand exactly how a refrigerator keeps food cool—and Green Bay Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read on to find out everything you should understand about how refrigerators run, how it cools your food and if it’s time to connect with refrigerator repair Green Bay.
Parts of a Refrigerator
There aren’t many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-own appliance for several years now. A residential refrigerator stores your food and drinks at the best temperature, in order to prevent rotting and slow down the growth of bacteria. The concept of refrigeration works by distributing the heat from the interior of the unit to the exterior, relying on the principles of evaporation and condensation.
The parts of a refrigerator are below. For questions or service call Green Bay Appliance Repair:
The compressor is a combo of a motor and pump, and it is need for circulation of refrigerant in the system.
The compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. You should call a professional company if the compressor is no longer working.
The condenser is located on the rear exterior panel of the refrigerator and is there to emit the warmth built-up within the refrigerator then out to the surrounding air.
The refrigerator evaporator is installed in the inside of a refrigerator where absorbs warmth held inside of it, effectively reducing the temperature inside.
The moment an evaporator is not working, it’s time to find a professional. Do not wait until it’s too late.
Liquified coolant is directed within a capillary tube that acts as an expansion device to cool the gas, thereby transforming the gas back into liquid.
A refrigerator thermostat helps regulate the current temperature inside the refrigerator, beginning the cooling cycle as it is required.
A thermostat inside of a refrigerator is often prone to malfunction. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Green Bay for service right when an issue occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. The moment the temperature inside the refrigerator is higher than the set point sensors signal the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the next cooling period starts. The refrigerator collects the cold liquid refrigerant, pressurizes and condenses the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor unit directs the heated gas towards the refrigerator condenser coils on the back of the unit, at which point it comes in contact with warmer temperature in the kitchen and reverts back to a liquified state.
3. The cool liquid then continues its journey to the evaporator, making its way through the coils on the inside of the refrigerator and top freezer section.
4. The refrigerant absorbs the heated air from within the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature back to the best set point.
5. The coolant evaporates, and turns back into a gas state, and returns to the compressor unit to then continue the cooling cycle.
Refrigeration technology is found in a lot of applications and large appliances, including heat pumps, AC units, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from a single area and moving it to a different one the continuous cycle of refrigeration helps cooling a home, provides a perfect environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with the manufacturing and storage of different everyday products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Does your refrigerator need professional attention? Time to schedule an appointment with Green Bay Appliance Repair.
Green Bay Appliance Repair is able to fix nearly all common brands and models of refrigerators – includes industrial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our licensed service technicians in Green Bay undergo training to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, ice makers, issues with condensation, puddles and leaks, bulbs, touch controls, smart controls and various issues. We everything about refrigerator repair! We really do!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
Copyright ©2019  Green Bay Appliance Repair | Sitemap